The Westside Anglicans Neighbourhood Ministry (WANM) has been serving the homeless and vulnerable on Vancouver’s westside since 2007.
You Are Invited to BEYOND HOUSING!
This four-part symposium seeks to deepen the discussion of home-making and housing. In the face of a systemic homelessness that has economic, social, public health, ecological and cultural manifestations, how might we develop more holistic and integrated policies and practices for deeper homefulness in our communities?
Workshop From the Union Gospel Mission
Addressing Grief + Loss in Community
Many that attend supportive community and church programs see the setting as a primary spiritual community or connection to a Body of Faith. As that body, how do we address the death of one of our community members – honouring their life, supporting other community members through their grief, and sustaining ourselves in the journey?
JOIN US for a discussion to share ideas, stories and life’s most challenging questions.
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN:
• Basics of the physiology, psychology and theology of grief and loss
• How to recognize the signs of depression and compassion fatigue
• Creative solutions for fostering meaningful connection with vulnerable neighbours
• Time to connect with others that are experiencing similar questions, challenges and joys.
2021 DATES & TIMES (both sessions will be the same):
• Wednesday, April 14 (6:30 – 8:00 pm)
• Thursday, April 15 (2:00 – 3:30 pm)
QUESTIONS: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org